Gender neutral card & SNEAK PEEK new products


I received some really lovely feedback from one of my Instagram followers about the card I made for my nephew's birthday so I thought I'd hop on live and demo how I made it. I love ink blending and collage stamping backgrounds for cards and this card uses both techniques. Not at all difficult but one thing that lots of my customers have commented about is how to come up with designs for male cards. Well, this is a fab design that can be used for anyone and any occasion.
I've used Artistically Inked bundle as the main products but then just added a couple of images from another stamp set; Quiet Meadow, which I've found so useful for collage stamping.
Tone on tone was the key to the background then adding some wow factor with metallic copper just finished it fabulously. The SNEAK PEEK of a new product is the envelope. These tall cards are just a nice way of doing something a bit different, they certainly make our cards stand out from the crowd when the recipient displays them on their mantlepiece! So a nice tall or skinny envelope is needed. In the new January - June mini catalogue we have a pack of 15 skinny envelopes. They come in 3 colours and they feature a gorgeous scalloped flap which reveals a printed inner. I felt it was a shame to use the gummed closure so I show you how I adapted the envelope to use a twine fastener.
Hope you enjoy this demonstration and more so I hope that it inspires you to make some cards using the same techniques - how about it?! You can share any of your makes over on my Facebook Group Page - The Crafty Beehive.

Comments

Popular Posts