Send a Card to a Friend Day!


#sendacardtoafriend

Yes, today is just that; 'send a card to a friend day' and as I make cards I thought I would join in.  But who to send a card to?  I do have a LOT of friends, some who I see lots, some who I seldom see and some who live overseas.

I realised when I thought about it that I actually don't send a lot of cards!!  Of course, I send birthday cards but I rarely just send a pretty card in the post to say "Hi, I'm thinking of you".  I think that social media and busy lives are part of the reason and I do love social media - it's such a fantastic way of keeping in touch quickly, I mean there is even a hashtag for today!  But, does anything actually beat receiving a proper envelope through the post with a handwritten note?  Even better if that handwritten note is inside a pretty card that has been thoughtfully handmade.

Too busy?  No excuse!  How many cards do you think I have in a box here in my craft room because I make them for classes!!  It just so happens that I posted a birthday card yesterday and while I was in the post office I bought a book of stamps... absolutely no excuse now!  Right, which card and which friend?


Comments

Popular Posts