Fun!

They say time flies when you're having fun, I can confirm that saying!
Where is July flying off to?  I actually thought we were half way through the month then I checked the date and realised we're three quarters of the way through... gosh!
So, what have you been up to during the amazingly hot summer so far?  Those of you who do know me personally know that I have what is hilariously termed a 'portfolio' career :-)
To me this just means that I whizz about doing lots of different things and having fun with all of them.  Lots of officiating at weddings, working a couple of days in a small business running their office, during term time teaching primary school children that crafting is about developing life skills (yay!) and, of course, I run my Stampin' Up! business when time allows.  Regular classes in two local towns with all the planning, prep and delivery keeps me on my toes.
Just add to this mix running (loosely) the home and trying to spend time in my garden (another passion)... phew!

This month so far I have been focusing on our amazing special offer for DSP (Designer Series Paper). If you buy 3 packs you can receive a 4th one totally FREE!  I've featured it in class making this glorious card.


As you can see it uses three pieces of DSP on the base then is decorated using fussy-cut watercoloured flowers.  I've used the Botanical Bliss stamp set which is available in clear or wood mount and comes with a fabulous matching thinlits dies set. I stamped the Mint Macaron DSP using a pretty leaf vine stamp from the set. The fancy fold makes it a special card but in essence it was very simple to make.















Every month I attend a Demonstrator Team training event hosted by my upline and we make swaps.  I love swap making and it's really easy to make multiples of either cards or boxes using Stampin' Up! products.  I made these sweet little treat boxes to swap with my team mates.

I used the Clear Tiny Treat boxes which come in a pack of 16 for only £7.00!  All I had to do was trim some DSP to the right size, fold it and slot it inside.  I did stamp that pretty vine image again and a sentiment before sliding the paper inside.  Have you seen the top though?! The matching dies are really designed to make tags but I am crazy about birds and just fell in love with this particular die.  When I adhered it to the top of the box and bent it over slightly the little birds stood up (they remind me a bit of weather vanes.. no weather vane necessary at the moment, it's just flipping HOT!).
Here's a closer look at the top:
Tied together with some twine, simple and very effective.  It took me no longer than an hour to make all of my swaps. These would be great for wedding favours if you used foil card stock for the die cut tops - oooo!


My husband's best friend turned 50 earlier this week and I used DSP again in abundance to make this shaker card for him.
This DSP came from the Twinkle Twinkle 12" x 12" pack and I think it looks great for a masculine card.  It was easy to include the constellation for his birth sign using sequins and a white chalk marker.  I'm so sad that the Large Numbers dies retired last year as they are so amazing for these milestone birthdays.  I'm going to start a campaign to bring them back...LOL!



So, don't miss out on getting a great deal on your DSP during what is left of JULY!  Buy three packs and get a 4th FREE. Just click Shop Now and place your order today.

Don't forget, there's still time to join my team and receive FREE ink pads too.  Join during July and receive a FREE set of ink pads (one colour family of your choice) in addition to your starter kit.  Call me for details and an informal chat.

Whatever you do for the rest of the month, have fun!



Comments

Popular Posts