How will you be celebrating or creating on World Card Making Day?  I will actually be celebrating in my second job as Registrar and will be with 3 different happy couples on Saturday 5th October but I will be in my craft room later in the day.

Before I go to work I want to share with you a very special card that I have made.  It's my awesome niece Alice's 8th birthday which was on Friday 4th October.  I will be celebrating with her and her amazing big sister, who turns 10 next month, on Sunday.
Alice has decided that this year she is having a 'Unicorn' themed party - WOW! What better theme for me to create her a special card! Our fabulous Leave a Little Sparkle stamp set is perfect.  Then I realised that it just gets better... wait, the new Snow Globe Scenes dies in the Autumn/Winter catalogue and a snow globe shaker dome have allowed me to create a super duper card that I know will make Alice utterly giddy.
Here is a close up of that shaker dome, you can see I filled it with glitter and sequins and the domes are very generous so will take a good quantity of sparkly bling.  They come with double sided tape already in place so they are child's play to use. The dies are designed to be used specifically with the shaker domes so the hole they cut fits exactly.  The base of the shaker was cut in two parts; a detailed piece in foil with a glitter layer underneath, I think it's a bit wow, what do you think?  


Of course no special card is totally complete without a matching envelope so I quickly made a plain envelope and decorated it with a 'belly band' using the large unicorn in the stamp set.  I found it easy peesy to add rainbow colours to the images using our watercolour pencils and a slick of 'Wink of Stella' over the top just shimmered it all together.  I have used up some retired ribbon (well, you must use your stash I'm only human!)

I hope you've enjoyed my card for World Card Making Day and more importantly for Alice.  Please nip over to my Facebook page and share your makes on my feed, I'd love to see what you've created today.  Of course, if I've inspired you to make believe with unicorns then you can buy all the ingredients I've shared here (except the retired ribbon) from my online shop, here are some details:


Leave A Little Sparkle Cling Stamp Set149292
Price£20.00

Leave a lot of sparkle with these dashing unicorns. Transport someone to another world with projects made using the Leave a Little Sparkle Stamp Set.

Stampin' Up!'s cling stamps
* Are premium rubber stamps.
* Have deeply etched images so you get a superior stamped impression each time.
* Are precut so you don't have to trim.
* Are repositionable; temporarily mount them on clear blocks for stamping, then remove them for storage.
* Save space—you need only one set of blocks for all your cling stamps (blocks sold separately).
* Come packaged in cases with images on the spine for easy storage and quick reference.

Quantity: 7 cling stamps
Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, c, d, e

Snow Globe Scenes Dies150655
Price£29.00

Create custom winter and Christmas die-cut shapes to build your own snow globe in record time using the Snow Globe Scenes Dies.

Dies help you create unique die-cut shapes with just a quick run through your die-cutting and embossing machine. Detailed dies include ejection holes so you can remove the paper easily.

* 10 dies
* Largest die: 2-1/2" x 2-1/4" (6.4 x 5.7 cm)
* Use with a die-cutting and embossing machine










Snow Globe Shaker Dome150442
Price: £6.00
Fill a Snow Globe Shaker Dome with glitter or sequins to create a snow globe effect on shaker cards and other shaker dome projects. Adhesive strip border for easy application.

* 10 domes
* 3" x 2-5/8" (7.6 x 6.7 cm)
* 1/4" (6.4 mm) deep


Comments

Popular Posts