Flitting and Fluttering...


I've been so busy since I returned from my holiday in Norfolk on Monday.  Tuesday was spent doing domestic chores including cleaning the caravan grocery shopping and washing! I was back to work on Wednesday and ran one of my card making classes on Thursday evening.  Saturday was also busy with three wonderful weddings that I officiated, so by the time Saturday evening arrived I was ready for a glass of wine and an indulgent evening on the sofa watching Strictly!  Are you watching this season?  I think it's going to be fab, some excellent talent so far and it's only week 2.

I got up especially early this morning to finish off making this project for Home Decor class on Wednesday 2nd October and I apologise to my regulars that this hasn't been posted until now - I know that a lot of you want to see the projects before you book class.  

I picked up these fabulous plain wood hearts in town and I knew immediately that I wanted to decorate one for my own home.  I've had the butterfly punch in mind to make a 'spectrum' project since it came out in the spring and this seemed to be a perfect time to go for it.  I'm really happy with the result.  In class I will be offering a selection of papers for different spectrum combos and the background can also be customised.

I started by giving the whole piece a coat of white acrylic gesso to give a lovely pale background.  Next I used texture paste and a mask along with die cut pieces to add texture and I've lightly stamped using a large background stamp to add visual interest. Each butterfly was given a 3D effect using embossing tools and a bone folder - it's a really simple and easy technique but it really makes a difference.  

All products (with the exception of the wooden heart and gesso) can be purchased from my online shop; just click the link above and you'll be there.

If you would like to book on this class I have a couple of places left - so contact me quickly and I'll reserve one for you.  Full details are on my classes and events page on this blog or over on Facebook @issyscraftybees.  Contacting me is simple, all details are on my contact page.


Butterfly Duet Punch148523
Price£17.00

Quickly punch out butterflies for your projects.

Punches are a quick and easy way to add interest and depth to your projects. And there’s no better way to cut out stamped images—many of our stamp sets have coordinating punches. Our punches are high quality, affordable, and easy to use.

* Largest punched image: 1-7/8" x 1-3/8" (4.8 x 3.5 cm)
* Sleek body style
* Large surface area offers precise cutting and leverage
* Locks to store
* Slim and stackable
Springtime Impressions Dies146326
Price£27.00

Create custom die-cut patterns and shapes like a butterfly, a flower, or an intricate flower cluster in record time using the Springtime Impressions Dies.

Dies help you create unique die cuts with just a quick run through your die-cutting and embossing machine. Detailed dies include ejection holes so you can remove the paper easily.

* 3 dies
* Largest die: 3-3/4" x 5-1/4" (9.5 x 13.3 cm)
* Use with a die-cutting and embossing machine
Pattern Party Decorative Masks144103
Price£5.50

Create textured backgrounds for scrapbook pages, cards, and more.

* Use with Embossing Paste and Palette Knives.
* May add colour with Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Spritzers, etc.
* 4 masks.
* 6” x 6” (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm).
Embossing Paste141979
Price£7.50

Texture has been made even easier:

* Mix a few drops of Classic Stampin’ Ink to Embossing Paste
* Apply over decorative masks, let dry
* May use without ink for white texture
* Matte finish

* 118 ml






Comments

Popular Posts