busy Bawtry class
After a busy, but fun, week last week when I ran three card making classes and hosted a catalogue preview day, I felt in the need of some well earned time to get inky myself!

So, I packed the car with a whole load of fabulous Stampin' Up! goodies - which also happened to include 3 of my fellow Demonstrator 'besties' - and we headed North.  We spent the day with Nicola (one of my downline team) in her creative workshop and we laughed, ate, drank (tea and coffee) and laughed a whole lot more...
... In fact I think I might have laughed so much a little tear ran down my leg...!

We made some cards and tried a couple of techniques too.  We shared a whole lot of ideas for our Stampin' Up! businesses and generally got VERY excited about all the fabulous stuff in our NEW Annual Catalogue which launches on 4th June.

The journey home was too funny, firstly after a short while I realised that the last time I used my SatNav the settings were changed to 'shortest route'. Well, as Nicola lives in a rural location shall we just say that the shortest route was 'scenic' and comprised of very narrow lanes and glorious views.  Next we spotted a signpost to a place called 'Land of Nod' - I kid you not!  So, we thought we would have a short diversion and visit the Land of Nod, it would have been rude not to.  After turning off the main road, we stopped a local to ascertain that we were going the right way - can you imaging asking a stranger "Are we going the right way to the Land of Nod?"!!!!! (Well done Alison).  Anyway, we drove 2 miles in a straight line down another very narrow lane to arrive at .... a farm - yes, a very sleepy looking farm, but no village or hamlet with a place name of Land of Nod.  We did laugh a lot though.  We also questioned whether it might be the new Christmas Seasonal Catalogue that might be launching next as we were passed by a lorry with a load of Christmas trees and we saw a massive sign for fresh turkeys!! I swear we only drank tea the whole day.

Anyway, what this wonderful day reinforced in me was that being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator is all about Sharing what we love while we Create, not just projects but fun memories too.

Thank you to my Stampin' Besties for another instalment in our brilliant journey as Demonstrators - we may not be an official team but we'll always be Shizzer Sisters!

~ Beth Ferrey ~ Helen Houlden ~ Nicola Latus ~ Alison Langford ~

Comments

  1. A lovely story that encapsulates the day (less the smutt), looking forward to our next get together and road trip ��.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts