Paper is not the only craft!


As well as a paper crafter I am also a happy hooker and love to have a 'winter' project; something that I can really enjoy for a good few weeks. This is usually a blanket and this winter I chose a colourful striped blanket for our bed.  It's called the 'hydrangea blanket'. I think I started it back in early October and finished it last night, I just had a few last ends to weave in so did them this morning and couldn't wait to get it on the bed!


One of the best things about the making of this blanket was the random colour selections for the stripes, each stripe being two rows.  I loved the printed 'blobs' of colour in three columns on the pdf pattern which was supplied.  It just made the production like a bit of therapy, ticking off each stripe and then having milestones like end of first column, like in this photo and 'halfway point'.

Of course, like many projects, progress is always made easier with a glass of red wine and good company!

If you're interested in where I got the pattern then you could follow the fabulous Lucy at Attic24, here is a link to her blog.  She has a little shop over at Wool Warehouse where you can buy a kit for the hydrangea blanket as well as other blankets.  Lucy's blog is a feast for the eye and I love to read how she develops the patterns and colour schemes for her blankets and other projects.  I urge you to read how she chose the colours for this one, it's just so super how she takes time and care and more importantly for me inspiration from nature.  Right, next project please.... !

Comments

Popular Posts