Photopolymer stamp set tip

Whatever you think about photopolymer stamps I bet you hate the frustration of not being able to open the case and grab your stamp. I hate peeling that cello layer off then having to peel off the stamp, then the cello sheet gets lost on my desk!
So, this morning, when I clearly had too much time on my hands, I decided to sort it out! Hope this tip helps you too!
First take out the whole set and peel off the printed layer of cello sheet.
Next slip this sheet inside the outer clear jacket of the box.
So you can see it through the box
(I know it will be in mirror image but it's not a big deal really!)


 Then turn over the set (still stuck to the clear cello sheet) 
and put a bit of snail glue along the edges of the  sheet...Stick this inside the box.
Ta Da!  Now when you open the box you can just peel off the stamp you want and stick to your block!
I need to tell you that sticking the clear cello sheet inside the box is important, if you just stick the stamps directly to the inside of the box the photopolymer could react with the plastic of the box. (I know this from fishing, I use rubbery fishing lures and they melt some kinds of plastic storage boxes) I'm not a chemist and don't know for sure whether stamps are made from the same photopolymer as fishing lures but I'm not about to chance it with my stamps!

Comments

Popular Posts