Floral Dance!

This month I thought I would have a floral theme for my classes and why not - spring is definitely on it's way.  I've got some beautiful early spring flowers in my garden and I'm certainly enjoying seeing where they are popping up as it's the first spring we've lived here after moving home last June.
I wanted to share some ideas for some of the amazing new products in the NEW seasonal catalogue and those fabulous Sale-a-Bration products that we are being spoiled with this year.

My first project is a card using a background stamp Hardwood and the sweet Petite Petals punch from the Spring/Summer catalogue, the larger flower punch is the Pansy punch from the annual catalogue.  How about that sentiment? It's from a set of 4 cute stamps and you can get it FREE from the Sale-a-Bration offer this year!   I know exactly who I want to give this card to and when I'm going to give it!!


Hardwood background stamp in clear mount: 133035 £12.95
Pansy Punch: 130698 £14.25
Petite Petals Punch: 133322 £11.50
White Craft Ink: 101731 £6.95
total: £45.65  ..... Sale-a-Bration See Ya Later stamp set £FREEEE!

This next card is quite a simple layout but has a couple of tricks up its sleeve. One of the first tricks is the stamp set I used - You're Lovely, was totally FREE from the Sale-a-Bration offer.  I stamped the main image twice and then decoupaged the flowers to give it some added dimension.  This stamp set is a great addition to your kit as it co-ordinates with the Deco Labels Collection Framelits, as you can see I used the slightly larger framelit to create a layer.  Once I'd assembled the labels layers I punched a tiny hole and this allowed me to thread the bakers twine through before tying in a knot.  What about that lovely spotty background... it's an embossing folder that is FREE from the Sale-a-Bration offer... wow! so much to choose from (I didn't even mention that the chunky bakers twine is also a SAB offer and comes in a pack of 3 colours with some printed cork stickers did I?).  I used Summer Starfruit and Soft Suede here but I also made this layout using Baked Brown Sugar as the base and Crisp Cantaloup as the accent..
Deco Labels Collection Framelits (set of 4): 130102 £20.95
Cardstock & Pad Kit (2013 -2014 in colours collection, 20 sheets + 5 ink pads): 131293 £27.95
total: £48.90.... One SAB item FREEE!  choose from You're Lovely stamp set (set of 5), Sweet Sorbet accessory pack (3 chunky bakers twine + printed cork stickers), Decorative Dots embossing folder.

 My final project for this class is a scrummy decorated gift box.  For this one I used the new Spiral Flower Originals Die from the Spring/Summer catalogue to make those wonderful 3D flowers, I just can't get enough of these flowers and I'm making them out of all kinds of different materials.  These are made out of regular cardstock and I could cut 3 layers at a time easily.  As this is a Bigz die it will cut fabric, thicker card and even thin aluminium (from drinks cans!).  Here I've teamed up Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloup and Calypso Coral as my three colours.  I used a piece of the Sweet Sorbet designer series paper (from Sale-a-Bration offer) for a belly band on the box, a doily gives it a pretty layer and I finished off those flowers with an adhesive pearl, I made a quick tag using the new Scalloped Tag Topper punch from the Spring/Summer catalogue... now what shall I put in the box?

Spiral Flower Originals Die: 129379 £15.95
Scalloped Tag Topper punch: 133324 £20.95
Tea Lace Paper Doillies: 129399 £2.75 (pack of 24)
Kraft Gift boxes: 124106 £2.75 (pack of 4)
Pearl basic jewels: 119247 £4.50 (150 in total in 3 sizes)
total: £46.90
Sale-a-Bration Sweet Sorbet Designer Series paper: 133521 £FREEEE!  12 sheeets, 30.5cm x 30.5cm

Comments

Popular Posts