A box of flowers

Flower Shop
I ran a special class for three of my lovely crafters in West Cowick last Saturday as they were keen to escape Christmas for a couple of hours.  I had made this card in a box for my Step Mum Jools in November and loved making it so much that I made it again for my lovely sister Jill last week.  I just knew that my ladies would really enjoy making it too.  I must first of all give thanks to Monica Gayle for sharing this design and her video tutorial on YouTube for this card.
I have to say that using these juicy colours was a refreshing change in the middle of Christmas decorating.  I used Coastal Cabana as the background colour dsp paper and the flowers were stamped using the Flower Shop stamp set with Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango.  Did you notice my finishing touch to the sentiment label?  I often use a dauber to finish off the edges but this time I wanted a clean finish so I free handed some lines and dots; a technique I used to use a lot but had forgotten about!
From My Heart
The second project we completed was this cute little desktop calendar and notepad.  It's small enough to take up just a corner of your desk or go next to the phone - I don't know about you but I can never find a bit of paper when I need to take a note on the phone!  I just love the stamp set 'From My Heart' which I've used for the sentiment, it seemed fitting as a calendar.  The DSP I used was from Epic Day This and That set and I teamed it with some Pool Party seam binding ribbon. The calendars and notebooks were both from Wilkinson's store; calendars were 85p for a pack of 5 and notebooks were 18p each!

I am repeating this class for my Sutton-cum-Lound class on Wednesday 8th January in the evening.  You can book a place easily by contacting me.

Comments

Popular Posts