Christmas gift making class

I'm running a Christmas gift making class this coming week and I'd like to showcase the gifts that I'll be demonstrating.
First up is a gift bag and giant tealight.  I've use the Stampin' Up! mini muslin bags from the seasonal catalogue, now I have to say that I wouldn't describe these as being 'mini' as they are a generous 10.2 x 14cm (they are £8.95 for a pack of 8). I stamped on to the outside of the bag (I used a heat embossing technique to get a strong clear stamped image) and used my hot glue gun to attach a very sparkly 'Frosted Finishes Embellishment' - I love these so much, they are flat backed and adhere really well to card projects with a glue dot. The tag was made using Very Vanilla naturals card which just matches the muslin bag so well and the 'Chalk Talk' dies are superb for tags of all sizes.  But what's inside the bag I hear you say!  I just love candles and when I came across a pack of 12 giant tealights I had to use them for a class project. These are a great size and fit perfectly well in the bags.  I finished them off quite simply just using a strip of naturals card stock and a strip of silver glimmer paper.  The snowflake stamp set I've used for this project is Festive Flurry.

The next project for this class is another candle package, this time Santa is here!  I always think that stamping onto a pillar candle is a great way of turning something plain into something a bit more wow! I adore this Santa's List stamp which is easy to add a bit of colour to.  I wanted to trim the candle as well as stamping an image and I really love the music sheets in the Modern Medley designer series paper pack so I just incorporated a little bit of it along with some Cherry Cobbler card stock and ribbon. Now when it came to the tag to finish this project I took advantage of the Chalk Talk dies once more, this time the large tag is an excellent way to close up a cello bag.




My final project is a gift box and I wanted to use the super 'Tag a Bag Gift Boxes'.  These are fantastic value at £6.25 for a pack of 8 and they are very strong kraft card stock with an acetate sleeve.  I embossed the sleeve with the cute 'Pretty Print' embossing folder, now this works really well but care needs to be taken that you get it in the embossing folder the right way round! (see mine for the wrong way!!).   Quite a simple belly band and greetings tag but with that blinged up bow who needs more?!  I adore glimmer paper and making a bow out of it really makes a statement. I filled my box with a bit of scrunched up kraft paper (this comes in bundles with Stampin' Up! orders as a box filler and I've got so many uses for it) and a handbag sized handcream.  So, I'm running this class twice - first one is on Saturday morning in East Yorkshire and the second 'showing' is next Wednesday (4th December) in Sutton-cum-Lound (near Retford).  So, if you want to join me and learn some of the techniques I've mentioned then please contact me to book your place.

Comments

Popular Posts