Summer and Christmas!

It's a couple of weeks ago but I thought I'd share a couple of cards we made at my last class.  I've been so busy with the house renovations... firstly we had new windows and doors fitted and this is the second week of the electricians being here totally re-wiring the place - so much mess!

We actually made three cards but I managed to send one off to a friend for her birthday before I photographed it!  See, it's a hectic life I lead :-)

The first card was a 'technique' card and I wanted to teach my ladies resist emboss technique using watercolour paper and aqua painter pens. We used the Summer Silhouettes stamp set and heat embossed the flower heads in clear on the watercolour paper before adding colour using the aqua markers.  The key to getting a lovely watercolour blended effect is to put plenty of water with the ink.  I encouraged the ladies to
add splatters too. The sentiment for this card is from Petite Pairs set.  Did you spot that lovely stretch ruffle ribbon along the bottom?  It's so super to use and I'm loving the new 'in colours' for this season... I've used Coastal Cabana for the card base and then added Pistachio Pudding with ink and the ribbon and I think they go really well with my old favourite Rich Razzleberry.


The next card we made was a Christmas card using Mosaic Madness stamp set proving that you don't always need a Christmas stamp set to make a card.  Thanks to Monica Gayle for the design of this card which we made at demonstrator training earlier in July.  I always love a card that has a bit of a wow factor and it's super how something as simple as punching a circle in this card has done this!  The little ornament which dangles in the open circle was made by stamping four of the mosaic shapes, folding them in half and sticking them together.  The beauty of this is that it can be squished flat for posting too!  Did you notice that chevron paper?  Well, it's simply a piece of one of the Tag a Bag Gift Bags.. again proving that Stampin' Up! are versatile and that you don't always have to use products for what they are originally intended.  The sentiment for this card comes from Snowflake Soiree which is still available as a carry over product from last year's autumn/winter catalogue (for details contact me).

Comments

Popular Posts