Escaping the madness!


Last week the electricians started work on a total re-wire of our new home. The first phase was them channelling out the walls for the new cabling and apart from the mess (which I expected) they made a right old noise!!  I managed to escape to my office and craft room for most of the time as this is an old sun room which will be demolished once the new extension is up and therefore doesn't need re-wiring.  On Thursday my friend Sue came to collect an order from me and we also escaped some of the madness by crafting together.  The one thing you don't really need electricity (unless you're heat embossing) is stamping and so we made the most of it!!  We shared some stamp sets and had a great natter.  Sue brought Everything Eleanor because despite me loving it, it is still on my wish list and I got out my Christmas sets so Sue could make some Christmas cards.  This 'thank you' card is Raspberry Ripple base with accents of Crumb Cake, Gumball Green and Primrose Petals.  The sentiment is from Apothecary Art... Did you spot the bling? I used one of the new Candy Dots Brad Bases but instead of using a Candy Dot I used a Rhinestone!  Pearls also work with these brad bases.. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: Stampin' Up! products are so versatile :-)  If you haven't seen these new brad bases and dots up close then you'll be really delighted when you get some.  They are plain silver flat brads that you can stick a coloured Candy Dot on top and the base gives a lovely silver rim around the colour (or rhinestone or pearl).

Comments

Popular Posts