Butterfly butterfly...


I Just wanted to share the birthday card I made for my beautiful sister.  I really wanted to make something with a vintage feel that was feminine and with a bit of sparkle.  I'm really pleased with the results.  I used Soft Suede as the card blank and the size of the card was A5.  I stamped onto very vanilla using a retired wheel for the 'all over' background, then I used the most gorgeous stamp set and my favourite at the moment; Papaya Collage.  I was particularly pleased with how the butterflies turned out, I used stamp n write markers to colour the stamp; pink pirouette and crumb cake, then I punched them out using the new butterfly punch - I LOVE this punch!!


For the shimmery finish I used an aqua painter brush and filled it with isopropyl alcohol and then picked up a smidge of shimmer paint and just brushed it across the whole flutterby, I then went round each edge of the wings to give it a slight outline.  I loved making this layered look using my paper trimmer to cut out the frames.

I even stamped the inside ready to write my greeting.  Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.  I'm sorry that the pics aren't brilliant quality - I took them with my mobile phone.

Comments

Popular Posts